On-Campus Recruiting Cancellation/No Show Policy
Career Services requires that all students participating in the On-Campus Recruiting Program cancel interviews in advance if they cannot keep an interview appointment as scheduled. When you fail to cancel your interviews in a timely fashion or do not appear for your appointments, your actions reflect poorly on you as an individual and on the University as a whole. Not only do you inconvenience the employer, but you may also deprive another student of a valuable interview opportunity. These situations, if unchecked, may also have more serious implications on the University's relationships with employers overall.
Therefore, Career Services treats these incidents very seriously and advises you to take special note of the following Cancellation and No Show Policy requirements:
How to Cancel
You must cancel interviews no later than 2 business days before the scheduled interview date to avoid a penalty.
- Cancel Online: Login to Beaver JobNet. Select Scheduled Campus Interviews under shortcuts. Identify the appropriate interview under Scheduled Interviews, click on the Review button, then select Cancel Interview
Note: You will only be able to cancel online before 11:59 pm through the stated Sign-Up End Date noted under Schedule Details in the job description. The Sign-Up End Date does vary by employer -- typically from 2-4 days before the interview date -- so pay close attention! If you do not see the Cancel Interview button, then you've missed the online cancellation deadline and must contact the Recruiting Office directly.
- Contact Career Services: If you miss the online cancellation deadline, you are expected to contact Career Services. Call 541-737-0523 by 5:00 pm, or send an email by 11:59 pm, 2 business days before the scheduled interview date. Provide complete details: name, Student ID, company name, date/time of interview, position number/title.
Refer to the Late Cancellations and No Shows section below for penalties and appeal procedures if you are cancelling late or fail to show up for your appointments.
- Interview Day Emergencies: In the event of a sudden illness or extreme personal emergency on the interview day, students are expected to contact Career Services at 541-737-4085 by no later than 8:30 am that day.
Late Cancellations and No-Shows
If you cancel appointments with less than 2 business days' notice (late cancellation) or fail to show up for an interview (no-show), Career Services will treat these instances seriously and will enforce "a two strikes and you're out" system with the following penalties:
- Late Cancellation: If you cancel an interview late with less than 2 business days' notice, your account will be blocked from OCR until an apology letter is written to the recruiter. Bring the letter to Career Services for review by the Employer/Student Services Coordinator, along with a self addressed/stamped envelope for mailing.
- No-Show: If you fail to appear for an interview with no prior notice, your account will be blocked from OCR until an apology letter is written to the recruiter. Bring the letter to Career Services for review by the Employer/Student Services Coordinator, along with a self addressed/stamped envelope for mailing.
- In both cases, during your suspension period you will not have access to OCR for any purpose:
- You will not be able to submit resumes, schedule interview appointments, or view your interview schedule.
- Employers will not be able to preselect you for future interviews.
- Employers will not have the opportunity to review your resume for job postings.
However, you will be expected to honor all previously arranged interview appointments during your suspension period. If you are unsure about your interview schedule, come in person to the Recruiting Office to obtain a copy.
A member of the Recruiting staff will inform you of your pending suspension. You will be given a 48-hour grace period before the suspension goes into effect. During that time you may appeal your suspension if there were extenuating circumstances (as outlined below). If no appeal is made, the Recruiting staff will automatically deactivate your OCR access for the prescribed timeframe.
Employers affected by these penalties may be referred to you for an explanation.
A second late cancellation or no-show will result in your permanent removal from OCR for the rest of the academic year.
You will have 48 hours to appeal your suspension following notification by the Recruiting staff.
You may appeal your suspension if you feel that there were extenuating circumstances that resulted in your cancelling late or not appearing for your interview. Acceptable excuses might include a car accident, sudden hospitalization, family emergency, etc. - all subject to possible verification. Unacceptable excuses would include last-minute preparation for exams or term papers, getting up late, forgetting, not checking your OCR schedule, etc.
Follow these appeal procedures:
- Send an email within 48 hours explaining why you cancelled late or did not show up for the interview. Include the organization name, schedule number, interview date and time for your missed appointment
- If you have any substantiating documentation (medical excuse, car towing receipt, accident report, etc.), you are encouraged to fax that information to the Recruiting Office at 541-737-0532.
Upon receipt of this information, the Recruiting Staff will review your case and advise you of the final decision.